Classroom at Lake Weir evacuated after AC unit malfunction 

An air conditioning unit malfunctioned on Wednesday at Lake Weir High School sending fumes into a classroom, forcing an evacuation but causing no serious injuries, according to principal Colleen Wade.  

The incident occurred after lunch, and the teacher and students quickly evacuated the classroom. Paramedics were on the scene and took four students and an adult to a hospital as a precaution along with a fifth student who was accompanied by a parent. 

“Our team did a great job, and our students knew exactly what to do in this situation,” Wade wrote on the Marion County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page. “We train for it, and today, we put that training to the test.” 

 

Posted in Education, News

Share this post

[fbcomments]

Latest Articles

Forest basketball coach Spencer Ashley resigns

Forest High School’s boys’ basketball coach Spencer Ashley, who took...

Gallery: Hotwheels At The Humane Society of Mar...

The dog was brought into the Humane Society with a...

Seminole gaming compact to bring sports betting...

TALLAHASSEE – Gov. Ron DeSantis and the Seminole Tribe are...

Tea Time

Interfaith Emergency Services recently hosted the 2021 Ladies High Tea...

Marion County names employee of the quarter

The Marion County Commission recognized the county employee of the...

New protest laws already facing challenge

TALLAHASSEE – Civil-rights attorneys are challenging a new set of...