FWC statewide redfish workshops start next week
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) will hold a series of public workshops starting next week to gather public input on proposed rules for redfish, according to a May 24 press release.
Proposed rules under discussion in the workshops include nine new management regions and off-the-water transport limits, to name just a few. The FWC developed these proposed changes using a new management approach to better capture regional differences in the fishery.
The public is encouraged to attend one of FWC’s in-person workshops that are being held throughout the state. Workshops will begin at 6 p.m. and conclude by 8 p.m. local time.
Below is a list of locations:
• June 1—Crystal River City Hall Council Chambers, 123 N.W. U.S. Highway 19, Crystal River, FL. 34428
• June 2—Steinhatchee Community Center, 1013 Riverside Drive, Steinhatchee, FL. 32359
• June 6—Charlotte County Administration Center Commissioner Chambers, 18500 Murdock Circle, Room 119, Port Charlotte, FL. 33948
• June 7—Brannon Center, 105 S. Riverside Drive, New Smyrna Beach, FL. 32168
• June 8—Rookery Bay Environmental Learning Center, 300 Tower Road, Naples, FL. 34413
• June 13—Gulf Coast State College, Holley Language and Literature Building/Sarzin Lecture Hall, 5230 W. U.S. Highway 98, Panama City, FL. 32401
• June 14—Florida Fish and Wildlife Research Institute, Karen A. Steidinger Auditorium, 100 Eighth Ave. S.E., St. Petersburg, FL. 33701
• June 14—St. Lucie County Commission Chambers, Roger Poitras Administration Annex, 2300 Virginia Ave., Ft. Pierce, FL. 34982
• June 15—Lightner Museum, West Wing, 75 King St., St. Augustine, FL. 32084
• June 15—Wakulla County Community Center, Wakulla Room, 318 Shadeville Road, Crawfordville, FL. 32327
• June 16—Mudville Grille, 3105 Beach Blvd., Jacksonville, FL. 32207
• June 16—Brevard County Commission Chambers, Building C, 2725 Judge Fran Jamieson Way, Viera, FL. 32940