Doctors urge COVID-19 precautions
COVID-19 has killed more than 4,000 Floridians. We don’t have a cure, definitive treatment or vaccine for COVID-19. The only definitive approach to combat COVID-19 is prevention.
The Marion County Medical Society highly recommends the following evidence-based measures to keep our community safe:
- Staying at home except for essential activities.
- Physical distancing of at least 6 feet from each other.
- Wearing a mask in all indoor public places or outdoors when physical distancing is not possible.
- Washing hands.
The following may be exempted:
- Children under age 2.
- Persons with a medical condition for whom wearing a face covering could obstruct breathing or who are unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove a face covering without assistance.
- Individuals with a hearing impairment or those who communicate with a person with a hearing impairment, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
Sushil Puskur, M.D.
President, Marion County Medical Society Ocala